

I have realized that living in a big city such as Lexington just isn't for me. I went home this past weekend as I do every weekend and for some reason it was so hard for me to get my things together Monday afternoon and want to come back. Usually when I travel back to Lexington I’m excited to spend time with my roommate and experiencing the life of the big city. Now that I am back the countdown of days begins until I am able to go back home on Thursday at 4:45 it is the highlight of every week for me.
A week ago today my brother boarded a plane to Japan it was really hard for me to see him go even though I knew he would eventually come back. I'm so use to going home on the weekends and spending time with my brother we get along so well and now I go home on the weekends and am so disappointed to walk into his room and he not is there. He told my mom and me that he would probably only stay a maximum of 4 weeks and then come home. My mom and I really don't think he will even make it two weeks there, because this is his first experience away from home without someone being with him. I guess eventually we were going to have to let him go he is almost 22 now. I miss my brother now more than I ever have before. In the past few years my brother and I have became so close, which is something I never thought would happen the way we fought when we were kids.
Another thing that seems to get harder and harder for me as the weeks pass is not being able to see my dad as much as I'd like to. My dad and I have been best friends since I was little, but now that I have three different homes it’s really hard to make it to all of them and have time for everyone when I go home for just a few days of the weekend. Now that my dad has a good job in a different town in which he lives in it's actually really hard to get around to finding time for both of us to have to spend together. As far as I'm concerned everything is going to work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment