Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 4


MY STEPSISTER =(

Living in Lexington has become a big challenge. I have been going through many difficult things in my life here lately and this is really not some where I like coming or really want to be. I would much rather be at home with my family enjoying spending time with them. Here in the past few weeks my stepsister/ roommate have really been getting on my nerves I’m not really sure how I have put up with her this long. She is mature to a point and at times she can be a royal bitch. She is so outspoken and yet cares so much about what others think about her. This past weekend I was at my dad and her mom’s house and she stopped by, we were watching the news and there was this girl on there and she was about 400 pounds and was explaining how she didn’t realize how small seats were on a plane. She explained that now when she flies she has to get two seats. Well my stepsister just thought it was crazy that they had this woman on the news talking about how fat she was. She just started cussing and yelling saying that there was no reason for this woman to be on the news because she didn’t have to be fat and that it was pathetic. This just really upset me, mainly because of the fact it was mean and I try to be a nice person. Another reason is because she always seems to think she needs to state her opinion which everyone doesn’t always want to hear because she is always so negative. I have just been constantly stressed out about having to live with her, but at least it’s only going to be for another three months.

Another thing that really bothered me is that my dad, stepmom, stepsister and I all went to Wal-Mart last week. My dad just recently just got a new job and has been unemployed for a few years; therefore, my dad doesn’t really have a lot of money right now to just hand out. Well we went to Wal-Mart and my stepsister just started throwing all kinds of things in the cart and she is the picky type so she buys the most expensive and best brand of food. This mainly got to me because like I said my dad doesn’t have much money and she is just the type of person that doesn’t c are if she wants something she is going to have it whether it hurts someone else or not. I just really hate it because I never ask my dad from money and when we go to the grocery I only get a few things that I need I don’t get things that I don’t necessarily need and know that I won’t end up eating. It just really bugs me when people especially someone that is now in my family doesn’t care what she does or if she is enabling someone from doing something just so that she will be able to. I’m not at all saying that she’s a bad person she just needs to grow up a little more and start thinking about other people instead of just herself.

Regarding this situation with my stepsister I feel as though my life in Lexington will be very short lived. I think she is one of the main reason that I do kind of dislike living here and wanting to go home every weekend to in some ways get away from her and her negativity . I think that if I lived alone in Lexington that I would be more open to different things such as going out and getting to know people and just getting out and doing more things. I’m not saying she is enabling me from doing these things is just being around a negative person like this in some ways makes you a negative person when you are around them. I believe that if we could work things out and both change our ways a little that maybe things could work but with her being 22 and being this way her entire life I don’t see any chance of a change at all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment